Calculate Win/Loss on a quote log

Options
MRCNathan
MRCNathan
edited 12/09/19 in Formulas and Functions

Hello

I have a quote log that has a win/loss column. I want to populate a cell that takes the $ amount of the won bids, adds them up to show a total $ amount of won bids. Same for lost bids. 

I also want this result to auto update if the win/loss value is changed. 

Having trouble with the formula to make this work. Any help is appreciated. 

Tags:

Comments

• Chris McKay
    Chris McKay ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi MRCNathan,

If I'm reading that right, you have an Amount column and a Win/Loss column and you're looking to place 2 formulas in 2 different cells on your sheet to:

• SUM all the Amount values with a corresponding Win value in the Win/Loss column
    • SUM all the Amount values with a corresponding Loss value in the Win/Loss column
    • Update both cells if Amount or Win/Loss is changed

If so, place these formulas in different cells and you're good to go:

• =SUM(COLLECT(Amount:Amount, [Win/Loss]:[Win/Loss], "Win"))
    • =SUM(COLLECT(Amount:Amount, [Win/Loss]:[Win/Loss], "Loss"))

Just make sure that you don't put them in either the Amount or Win/Loss columns and it will continue calculating as you sheet grows (i.e. as rows are added).

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Chris

• MRCNathan
    Options

Chris thank you for the reply and I think you are on the right track. 

I have attached some screenshots to help. What I'm looking for is: 

If the value is "Win" in the Win/Loss/Cancelled column on Sheet 1 then take the $ amount next to it (In the Amount $ column) and send it to a second sheet, and on the second sheet total the amounts. 

I ultimately trying to get total wins and total losses as well as a total of all quote activity so I can pull reports to my dashboard for my management team. 

Thanks again for your help.  

Sheet 1 Win Loss.PNG

Sheet 2 Totals.PNG

• Chris McKay
    Chris McKay ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi Nathan,

If you're ultimately looking to create Reports and Dashboards for Management, could you not follow the path I suggested?

Simply create a Report that displays the 2 rows I provided formulas for (see below). You could then create a 3rd row at the top to SUM(Amount:Amount).

Trying to drag figures into another sheet via cell-link or cross sheet reference seems overly complex.

Kind regards,

Chris McKay

Down Under Smartsheet Support

Screen Shot 2018-04-14 at 12.33.16 am.png

Screen Shot 2018-04-14 at 12.35.29 am.png

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!