Conditional Formatting Not Working

Sydni Self
edited 12/09/19 in Smartsheet Basics

Hello,

I've set my CF rule to look like the screen shot I have attached. I've been over it for what seems like 100x but it's just not working.  Can someone please help?

CF RULE.jpg

Comments

• Chris McKay
    Chris McKay ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hello Sydni,

Although conditional formatting should override manual formatting, sometime it hiccups. I'd try clearing the formatting from the 2 columns (see image below).

If your values have been copied from elsewhere or are being calculated via a formula, perhaps also test manually creating values to eliminate issues with the data.

Bear in mind too that your CF rule is applied to the whole row. If you are looking to match your screenshot, you will need to adjust the rule to apply to only the JOB COST TO DATE column.

Kind regards,

Chris McKay

• Hi Chris!

Thanks for the response.  I cleared everything out and made sure that I only had the CF applied to the JOB COST TO DATE and still nothing.  Clearly, I am doing something wrong, I've tried this every different way I can think of, deleted it when it didn't work and tried something new.  More than likely, user error.

• Chris McKay
    Chris McKay ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi Sydni,

No idea to be honest. Your CF looks OK, so I'm stumped.

Have you tried creating a new sheet and testing CF with 2 cells? You don't need to rename them, just set them to a Currency format and give it a go.

Another workaround could also be to create a PROJECT DELTA column to the right:

=[ADJUSTED PROJECT COST]1 - [JOB COST TO DATE]1

And then set up your CF based on this new column. If PROJECT DELTA is less than 0 then apply this format to the 'JOB COST TO DATE' column

Hope you get it sorted.

Kind regards,

Chris McKay