Options
2»

Comments

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    edited 02/16/23
    Options

Hi @Jeff Casto

Not a bother at all, thanks for tagging me!

If you're looking to add the bot to a Private channel, you'll want to type @Smartsheet into the conversation window, like so:

Then the bot should appear to add in. Let me know if that helped!

Cheers,

Genevieve

• Jeff Casto
    Options

@Genevieve P. awesome. I was doing that, but now I understand from your screenshot that I was trying to add the Smartsheet bot to something that isn't a channel, it was a group or some other structure in Slack. Oy vey. However, you solved my "issue" once again. Thank you!

• Ipshita
    Ipshita ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hello @Jeff Casto @Nadia38 @Corban Wells

Smartsheet to Slack integration can be easily done by inviting your slack bot channel to Smartsheet but first of all add Smartsheet under your Apps and then invite this bot as below -

Now, say for example, I have created a slack channel to update me for all sheet changes that happen in a particular sheet,

Next, all I need to do is go to the sheet I want to get slack updates on, click Automation -

and now you have an option of creating a workflow from scratch - the one you need is checked below.

Now, in this just select your channel and add it under as 'Unrestricted' for all slack updates.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Ipshita

Ipshita Mukherjee

• Ipshita
    Ipshita ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Jeff Casto - I'm glad I was able to help! Don't forget to hit the "Awesome" to my response :)

Cheers!

Ipshita

Ipshita Mukherjee

• VincciLiu
    Options

Hi @Ipshita - can you set up a Smartsheet to notify multiple Slack channels? Or only one specific Slack channel?

• Ipshita
    Ipshita ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 06/14/23
    Options

Dear @VincciLiu

My sincere apologies for the late response. Yes, you can notify multiple slack channels using Smartsheet but you will need to invite the Smartsheet bot to each of these channels separately and then select the right channel within the Smartsheet automation that you desire to notify. If you need the same sheet to notify multiple slack channels, then you'll need to create separate automations for each of these channels.

Hope this helps.

Cheers!

Ipshita

Ipshita Mukherjee