Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Viewer role with the ability to add discussion comments

Options
2»

Comments

• Lisa W
    Lisa W Overachievers
    Options

Adding my vote here. To maintain the concept of least privilege, it would be great if Viewers could comment. If you give Editor access they can add/delete/change rows and data and we only want them to be able to provide their feedback on what they are viewing without having to leave Smartsheet to do that. Right now, they only way Viewers can 'comment' is to send an email outside of Smartsheet.

• POLA
    POLA
    edited 08/30/19
    Options

Almost four years later, and here's another vote! I do NOT want my users having Editor access, but it's the only way for them to add comments. Locking rows and columns is not an option because of other people who do need to edit that data. The current configuration is completely counterproductive to the collaboration I want. I could swear that Viewers used to be able to comment before...

Smartsheet, please add "Viewer - Can Comment"!! Seems like such an easy fix, and clearly is a desired feature. 

This discussion has been closed.