n0m4d
n0m4d
edited 12/09/19 in Formulas and Functions

Hey, 

What is the smartsheet furmula for multiplying 

so far i tried 

=Skupaj ure za tekoči mesec1 * Urna postavka1

=[Skupaj ure za tekoči mesec]1*[Urna postavka]1

i am trying to multiply monthly hours and hourly rate.....

no problem using excel.......

Tags:

Comments

• Chris McKay
    Chris McKay ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi n0m4d,

Assuming the column name references are correct, then your second formula should work fine:

=[Skupaj ure za tekoči mesec]1 * [Urna postavka]1

They are both numbers obviously? You're not trying to multiply "Green" x 12/01/18 or anything right?

Kind regards,

Chris McKay

• Hey,

values were ok, but figured out just now, while I had copied it from excel there had to be some kind of error, deleted the whole column and rewrote values, now it is working.

• Chris McKay
    Chris McKay ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Good stuff buddy. Glad it worked out. I know how frustrating it can be when these sorts of things seem right, but just aren't.

Kind regards,

Chris McKay

• Mike Wilday
    Mike Wilday ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Though Chris fixed it for you he failed to mention that column names with spaces or that end in numerals must be placed in brackets. That is why you weren't getting the results you were looking for.

• Chris McKay
    Chris McKay ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks Mike,

As the second example formula provided by n0m4d was correctly contained in brackets, I considered it a moot point so left it out. But in hindsight, it's a relevant tip to include.

I'm not going to take any credit for fixing this one either as n0m4d did all the troubleshooting.

Kind regards,

Chris McKay

• Mike Wilday
    Mike Wilday ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Totally missed his second one... haha. Sorry to intrude! 

• Chris McKay
    Chris McKay ✭✭✭✭✭✭

No intruding at all good buddy. We all miss things and it's nice that the community is robust enough that there are loads of people willing to help smiley.

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!