Internet explorer stops working while trying to open an existing sheet

Options
t.mazzei0145241
t.mazzei0145241 ✭✭✭
edited 12/09/19 in Smartsheet Basics

I have a new user that is encountering an issue when she tries to open an existing sheet. She retrieves an error that Internet Explorer has stopped working. she has to close and restart. the sheet is approximately 600 lines and looks like a standard project sheet. She is able to open other sheets without an issue but it is consistently failing to open a few sheets. I have no issue opening the sheet. I was thinking maybe there is a setting within i.e She is running i.e 11.

Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

Regards,

TM

Comments

• Shaine Greenwood
    Options

Hello,

If you're able to open the sheet just fine, it sounds like an issue with their computer or with their instance of IE 11. 

A couple of things to check here:

• Make sure they're not running IE 11 in compatibility mode. If they are, disable compatibility mode so that Smartsheet is running in the IE 11 environment.
    • Have them disable all of their browser extensions. If they don't get the issue, have them enable extensions one-by-one to find out which one is causing the interference.
    • Have them try a different browser, such as the latest version of Chrome.
    • Have them try a different network connection. 

If they're still experiencing issues after trying the above, have them reach out to our Support team.