Update requests are a bit clunky?

Tony Pronk
edited 12/09/19 in Smartsheet Basics

I am missing consistency with update requests. If someone sends me one I should, in my opinion, be able to update the request from either the notification or directly from the row or the update request sidebar. However the row & sidebar will simply show me the request but not the ability to update it which leaves me 'searching', kind of counterintuitive?

update1_directly from update views (row and sheet).jpg

update2.jpg

Comments

• Hi Tony,

Update requests are designed for people to be able to change information without being signed in to Smartsheet—but we're always looking for feedback to improve the experience. When you have a moment, please submit a Product Enhancement Request using the form under Quick links on the right of the community site.

• Sure I will do that but the fact that this was designed to allow updates for users without being signed in (which is great) in no way makes it logical that you would not be able to do the same when users are signed in. Its about consistency and multiple paths, the kind of thing that separates so-so from great design (in my very humble opinion).