Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Live Data Connector

Options
Gene Hurley
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2015 Posts

We're considering upgrading to the Enterprise license so that we can use the Live Data Connector, but before we do, wanted to confirm if you can build reports against "Resource Views" data?  

From what I've read, can certainly author reports against smartsheets, and I suppose I could reconstitute the data that appears in the Resource Views from compiling the info out of the individual smartsheets, but that requires more manual effort and would be challenging as more smartsheets are created.  Looks like I'd have to keep joining new smartsheets in?  Anyway, hoping that I could just hit the Resource View directly, and report against that.  

Comments

• Joseph Miller
    Options

Hello Gene,

Unfortunately at this time the Live Data Connector is not able to pull data from the Resource Viewer. It is on our road map to look into adding this in the future. 

It might be possible to create a report that replicates the information found in the Resource Viewer. Though it might take some tinkering to get it working and may not reflect the exact same information as you would find in the Resource Viewer.

I apologize for the inconvenience!

Regards,

Joseph

This discussion has been closed.