Cross-sheet "countif" formula with three criteria

Kelly Ospina
Kelly Ospina ✭✭✭✭✭
edited 12/09/19 in Formulas and Functions

I am struggling with another Countif formula. 

I have a working formula in one column that counts proposals filtered by month and year. I am trying to modify it to add another criteria so I can count proposals filtered by the month year that also have the sales stage of "Asset Management Plan." The formula doesn't give me an error message, but also isn't working.

This is the formula in question: =COUNTIFS({Townsley, sean - Proposal Log MR Range 1}, "Asset Management Plan", {Proposal Log Range 1}, ISDATE(@cell), {Proposal Log Range 1}, MONTH(@cell) = 6, {Proposal Log Range 1}, YEAR(@cell) = 2018)

Here is a link to the sheet I'm working on: https://app.smartsheet.com/b/publish?EQBCT=d1e65fd9c89a4f49add166b2bccd9745

Any suggestions would be welcome. Thank you.

Tags:

Comments

• Mike Wilday
    Mike Wilday ✭✭✭✭✭✭

It might be because you are using a different data source from a different sheet (hard to tell) But I have a hunch that the countIFS formula is failing because it can't find matching data for all of those requirements. IF you made all of the columns from the same sheet it, including the range for sean townsley, into one data source, then did countifs off data in that complete range it might work. Not sure what else would cause that to fail. 

Are both ranges from the same sheet of data? Does anyone else know how to reference specific columns from a data range? 

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!