Embed Dashboard into Email

LouSnz
LouSnz
edited 12/09/19 in Smartsheet Basics

Hello, is it possible to publish a dashboard and embed it into an email somehow?

Comments

• Mike Wilday
    Mike Wilday ✭✭✭✭✭✭

It is possible to publish a dashboard but I would recommend NOT embedding it into your email. Most email systems do not display content in iframes as iframes could contain malicious scripts that would harm users' machines. I would not recommend this practice. It would be better to just include the link to the dashboard, maybe link it to a screenshot of the current dashboard? Each time you email the constituents. 

• What about an easy way to email 100's of clients with a snapshot of their current dashboard - so we wouldn't want to go and manually take a screenshot every day and email it to them...!  Can the dashboards be emailed as PDF's??

• I guess we just want a nice way to display some data from smartsheet and email it to our clients regularly - any ideas would be appreciated.

• We are looking to do a similar thing - embed smartsheet into an email marketing platform to display to internal stakeholders. did you find a workable solution?