Formula for last 24 hours

Tana Rucker
Tana Rucker Overachievers Alumni
edited 12/09/19 in Formulas and Functions

Hello my friends - I need to create a formula to find any new rows added to a sheet in the last 24 hours.  My created on system column is added.  We currently are using the TODAY function, however, that only captures those added today, which leaves out a great deal of data when generating a report in the early a.m. hours.  If no hour formula, I suppose I can leverage TODAY-1?

Tana Rucker

Charter Communications

https://www.linkedin.com/in/tanarucker/

Tags:

Comments

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭

You could leverage the TODAY(-1) function, but you can also take advantage of the Highlight Changes tool as there are numerous options for how far back you want to look.

Untitled.png

Come see me in Seattle at ENGAGE 2024! I will be at the 10xViz partner booth throughout as well as the "Lets Talk About Community" Meet & Eat table on Tuesday from 11:45am - 12:45pm!

CERTIFIED SMARTSHEET PLATINUM PARTNER

10xViz.com

• L_123
    L_123 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Try the netdays formula. If it is more than 24 hours, netdays should output 2 days. so something like =if(netdays(startdate,today())=1, output) 

this isn't a perfect solution as today does not include hours, but you might find it suits your needs better than your current solution

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!