Formula Predecessor Help 2...
I could use some help. I've implemented J. Craig Williams' predecessor solution allowing notifications based on the predecessor being complete for a given task:
1. Create a column to get your Row# [RowID]
In the first row, put a 1.
The second row, use the formula
and copy that to all the other rows.
2. Create a column to get your predecess [MyPred]
The formula there is
for row 1, copy that to all rows.
3. I'm assuming / use a [Status] column as a checkbox.
4. Create a column call [CheckMyPred] of type Text/Number.
For row 23, this is the formula
=IF(COUNTIFS(RowID:RowID, MyPred23, Status:Status, 1) + IF(ISBLANK(MyPred23), 1) > 0, "start")
- determine if RowID matches MyPred and Status is checked - if so, value is 1
- determine if MyPred is blank - if so, value is 1
- add the two values together
- value will be
0 MyPred is not blank and for the row where RowID matches MyPred, status is not checked.
1 MyPred is blank OR MyPred is not blank and row where RowID matches MyPred, status is checked.
- check if value is greater than 0 - if so text is "start"
What I need help with is Making this work with multiple predecessors and leads and lags.
Help Article Resources
Check out the Formula Handbook template!