Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Tracking stage changes in a sales pipeline

I am looking at Smartsheet for a potential CRM application. The primary use cases are Manage Contacts and Track Opportunities. In the latter use case, a user has asked to report on durations between opportunity stage changes. Has anyone figured out a way to do this automatically? I know that I can use View History on a cell or do a duration calculation between a start and end date in the sheet itself. However, I'd like to be able to run a report that shows duration in each stage, duration between stage changes, etc. for a large number of opportunities. Thanks for any help anyone can provide.

Cheers,

Michael 

Comments

• PPS Solutions
    PPS Solutions ✭✭✭✭✭

Hi Mark, not using Smartsheet alone, but you could use the API to help achieve this.  An app could run that checks every so often (after an alert email ahs been received) for change Opportunity states and then writes the event date/time back to smartsheet.  You can then have custom duration formulas calculating the timespan between opportunity stages. 

Pete

• Thanks, Pete. I'll relay this to the person making a decision on the software selection.

Cheers,
    Michael

This discussion has been closed.