Need to show same event repeated on different separate dates on calendar view of my marketing plan t

Options
sugandha.makker52746
edited 12/09/19 in Smartsheet Basics

For example. An email has to go out every Tuesday to all employees starting from say July until September. Or a teaser to be posted on social media on specific dates. July 2, July 10 July 14 and July 18. So basically I need to have multiple dates- in column cells be highlighted/colored (in the calendar view) for the same row. Pls advise, how to achieve this result.

I know I can do it if my dates are continuous- like from one fixed start date to and end date- all cells can be highlighted. But my requirement is different as mentioned above. Any help is much appreciated. Thanks!

Screenshot.png

Comments

• Shaine Greenwood
    Options

Hello,

There currently isn't a way to add different colors to a single event in the Calendar view. When you have a moment, please submit a Product Enhancement Request using the form under Quick links on the right of the Community site and let our Product team know that you'd like to see this feature added to a future version of Smartsheet.

In the mean time, you might consider creating multiple rows in the grid/gantt view that are single day and have similar names and associate their task bars (in Calendar view) with different colors.

To keep them organized, you might consider creating a hierarchical relationship between the single day tasks and a parent "summary" row. Details on this are available in the help center: https://help.smartsheet.com/articles/504734-hierarchy-indenting-outdenting-rows