Default properties for rows

tim@gyroscope
tim@gyroscope ✭✭
edited 12/09/19 in Smartsheet Basics

I started a new sheet using the 'Template: Client Creative Brief'. I have subsequently changed most things, including the colors. However there seems to be default cell background color (dark blue, see QTY. column in attached screen shot) that shows up every time a create a new column.

Does anyone know how this is set and how to change it?

(Note: there is no conditional formatting on the sheet)

Thank you!

Screen Shot 2018-09-28 at 2.16.33 PM.png

Comments

• J. Craig Williams
    J. Craig Williams ✭✭✭✭✭✭

I believe this is a bug.

The columns are 'remembering' the formatting from the original template. I don't know how or why, but early-on found a work-around so stopped investigating. No amount of saving and reopening the Sheet will fix it.

Here's how I solve it:

On Row 4 ("Component Overview"), select entire row. 

Clear Formats (icon on the menu bar that I think is supposed to be an eraser (between Wrap and Format Painter) on the entire row.

Save the Sheet

From one of your other header formatted rows (i.e. row 7), select a cell, use Format Painter to transfer the formatting from the cell to the whole row 4.

(You can also do them individually to differentiate between the cells with italics and no italics, for example -- but the point is to force all formatting on that row to change to what you want, based on using Format Painter)

After this, you should be able to add a column and have it show up in your chosen blue instead of the darker blue in the template.

After closing and reopening the Sheet, one row is enough to get the rest to 'fall into line', but if not, rinse and repeat.

I don't know why this works. Just changing the format should be enough. 

I hope this helps.

Craig

• This solved it, thank you Craig.