IF(AND) Function: Invalid Operation Response

Options
GSheehan
GSheehan ✭✭
edited 12/09/19 in Formulas and Functions

Hi All,

I'm trying to implement an IF(AND) function within my sheet that is dependent on a number of other conditions on sisters sheets being true to display a string and if false, a separate string. My formula is this:

=IF(AND({Experiment Tracker Range 3} = "MEMS 1", {Experiment Tracker Range 4} = "1", {Experiment Tracker Range 1} = "In Progress"), "Running", "Not Running")

but I get the INVALID OPERATION string when I enter it. As far as I can see, my syntax is correct, my referencing to the other sheet is correct and the string it is searching for (MEMS 1, 1 and "In Progress") all feature as options and are present in my other sheet so there should be no issue in finding them. Any ideas?

Thanks.

Tags:

Comments

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

For your second criteria... If you are using the number one to denote that a box is checked, remove the quotes.

Also... What do your ranges cover? When using a basic IF function, entire columns/rows can't be used unless they are being used within another function. What you are basically saying is "IF the whole column equals "MEMS 1".

If you are able to provide a more detailed layout of your sheet(s) and/or some screenshots, we may be able to help you a little more.

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!