QR Codes that open smartsheets

Harv
Harv
edited 12/09/19 in Smartsheet Basics

I am trying to use a QR Code to open a Smartsheet, but the my iPhone doesn't recognize the app installed on my phone and brings me to a apple store screen with an "Continue to App" button, which does nothing when I click on it.

Anyone successfully used a QR Code to open a Smartsheet?

Comments

• Alison
    Alison Employee

Hello Harv,

Thanks for this question about our QR codes.  Our QR scanner functionality will only work once a sheet is open on the Mobile app; if you have a QR code generated to go to a specific sheet link, this will likely work by opening a web application such as Safari and you will not be able to use the full functionality of our Mobile App.  

However, if you've reached the web browser application, you should be able to select the option you mentioned of "Continue to App" when it recognizes that this is a Smartsheet.  If you've having difficulty with this, please do let me know and we'll be glad to continue to investigate.

Kind regards,

Alison

Smartsheet Support

• Hi @Alison,

I created a Smartsheet Form that can be reached via a QR code I generated in Office365.

The QR code is set to take non-Smartsheet users to a Smartsheet Form for COVID health screening by simply using their mobile device to scan a QR code that I'll have posted on various construction sites.

At the moment when a non-Smartsheet user scans the QR code, one of two things normally happen:

1) iOS users are directed to a blank web page

2) Android users are often directed to the Google Play store and invited to download Smartsheet

The users are not directed to the Smartsheet Form in a mobile browser window.

We really need for anyone who scans the QR code using a mobile device to be re-directed to the form in a browser webpage on their device, similar to the behavior when some receives on their desktop device a Smartsheet Form URL.

In the latter case the link usually always opens the form in a browser. I am unable to understand why on a mobile device this does not happen, and I would like to find out how to resolve this issue.

Cheers,

Chris McGregor

• Any information provided on this yet? We are interested in using QR codes to link to a smartsheet form/sheet that would allow for customer feedback from the field. Really curious if this would work?

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @ckarsengray

Yes, you can create a QR code and link it to the URL of a form.

Would that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.