Why a 10 Sheet Limit on Individual Plans? 10 sheets cost $168/year. 11 sheets cost $900/year?????

peters
peters
edited 12/09/19 in Smartsheet Basics

I love this service but it is killing me that in order to have 11 sheets, the Yearly Cost jumps from $168 to $900.

How does that make sense?  

And if I want to have a template, that template counts towards the 10 sheet limit?

I can see myself paying for this service for years and recommending it to everyone (I have stopped recommending it due to this)...but I'm seriously considering cancelling my account now.

EDIT: I've recreated most of what I use from Smartsheets on Google Sheets...so I'll be moving to that instead.  It's a shame since I like the way that Smartsheets does things and would be willing to pay $200+ a year for this service...but their money-grab has made me decide to move on to other offerings.

Comments

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi,

Templates shouldn't count against your limit. 

Best,

Andrée Starå - Workflow Consultant @ Get Done Consulting 

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Ok.  It says I have 9 sheets (8 sheets and 1 template).  But that is a minor point here.  

Why does having 11 sheets require a Business account that REQUIRES 3 LICENSES?  I'm willing to pay more...but to pay 4 times more for just a few more sheets??  I'm willing to pay for one Business License at a reasonable rate.  

I don't want to leave this service as I've found it better than others, but it's getting quickly to the point where I will have no choice but to find something else that will work for me.

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 10/11/18

I understand your frustration, but Smartsheet and other businesses alike must have some differentiation between their tiers. That said, I would reach out to the Smartsheet support team and see if there are any options. They are always happy to help so there might be a solution for you.

Best,

Andrée

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• I reached out to Smartsheets Support Team already.  I'll try again.

I understand that there must be some differentiation...but this is ridiculous.  I'm willing to pay more.  I'm willing to pay for one Business Plan User (why is three the minimum????  We don't all have businesses with multiple people)...I'm willing to pay MORE than for one business seat...but FIVE TIMES MORE IS INSANE.

I'm willing to pay for each additional sheet.  

This seems very poorly thought out.  

Just give me something reasonable.

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

I think that the tiers are like this because Smartsheet is very generous when it comes to what you can do without a license when collaborating with others. 

I hope that the team at Smartsheet can help you in some way.

Best,

Andrée