Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Calculating output/production of resources

Hi there,

I just found out that Smartsheets doesn't have a built-in way to configure the output/production for each person (resource). Has anyone figured out a hack for this?

Ultimately, we run a painting company with 40 painters in the field. It is not unusual for each painter to be on more than 1 project during a given week. Our operations team is trying to figure out a way to create a Sheet to adjust where each painter is going on a day to day basis (man-power allocation), and use the gantt chart (project management) functionality to see how shuffling manpower impacts the overall schedule (multiple projects running at the same time). Any help would be more than appreciated! 

Comments

• Richard Rymill SBP
    Richard Rymill SBP ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Samantha, I agree there isnt a simple way to do this but with some careful design of your contrivuting sheets so there are the right data triggers in the sheets and some Cell linking combined with Filtered Resource views, I can't see why you cant have what you need? 

Depends if the benefit is worth the effort to create the solution or not, it's all about using Smartsheet for what it is excellent at, and designing the sheets around that. 

We have provided similar solutions to several companies wanting to plan their resources, it is a common request with larger companies who have the Budget and can see the benefits of the results. 

RichardR 

SmarterBiz

This discussion has been closed.