@user call notifications

Marcin PMarcin P
edited 12/09/19 in Using Smartsheet
11/08/18 Edited 12/09/19

Hi,

When I call any user via @userID in comments, system sends notifcation that this user has been mentioned in conversation.

Does it notify me when any answer is added or I have to set up notification rule for it? As we all know there is an option to set it up, but I can't see how could I limit answers to only my comments. Otherwise I'll get all changes in comments which is not an option if there is lot converation within one sheet.

BR

Marcin

Popular Tags:

Comments

• Andrée StaråAndrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭

Hi Marcin,

You will only be notified if you are @mentioned or if you have a rule configured to alert you.

Have a fantastic day!

Best,

Andrée Starå

Workflow Consultant @ Get Done Consulting

Best,

Andrée Starå

Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

• Hello Marcin,

As Andrée mentioned, if you would like to be notified when a user replies to your comment, they’ll need to @mention you. If you want to be notified when comments have been added to the sheet, you could create an alert. However, we currently don’t have the functionality to create an alert that notifies you when someone has replied specifically to your comments.

Please feel free to submit this feedback to our Product team directly using the Product Enhancement Request form (you’ll find a link to this here in Community under Quick links on the right).

• Thank you both!

I think that such notification would be great. I'll post enhancement request asap.

• Andrée StaråAndrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm always happy to help!

Best,

Andrée

Best,

Andrée Starå

Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD