Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

How do I add costs by phase & task?

Options

I am looking to add costs to my project plan (Smart Sheet). What is the best way. In the end I would like to be able to report on the following: Budget, Costs to Date/Actuals, Encumbered, Forecact to spend, and Ending balance.

Comments

• JohnHinkle
    JohnHinkle ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Check out their solution center. They have solutions for all sorts of use cases, including finances: 

https://www.smartsheet.com/solutions

• Darren
    Options

I know this is an old post but rather than post a new one with the same request.....

have exactly this issue - as a new smartsheet user but moderately experienced PM software user I can't see how to simply allocate a cost to tasks in a sheet I have already created (full of tasks).

i.e. I have created a sheet of tasks which looks like an appropriate description of the project.  I would now like to add costs to each task - assuming that smartsheet would then be able to deliver something resembling a project budget x time

This link https://www.smartsheet.com/solutions (offered in this thread), goes to a long list of articles, incidentally outside login. None seems to articulate clearly how to (if it is possible to) add costs without recreating the whole thing in a budget template 

Thanks for any thoughts 

• rpaverd
    Options

Still no feedback on adding costs to resources?

• mike53031
    Options

I would like an answer to this as well please.

• Matt Metz
    Options

It would appear from the lack of an answer to this query that the functionality to do time-phased budgeting does not exist in Smartsheet. Is there any information to the contrary?

This discussion has been closed.