Formula from hell

Rofonic27
Rofonic27 ✭✭✭✭
edited 12/09/19 in Formulas and Functions

I have ranges of data in multiple forms.  There is criteria that must match from each to be summed on a third sheet.  The criteria are GL Accounts and a month Code.  One of the month codes is listed as 12 Month.  The intent of that code is to signify that the cost in one of the columns should be spread across 12 months.  

So I created the following (excluding the inclusion of the 12 month)... of which I am playing with in Excel... 

=SUMIFS('OpEx Reoccuring Expenses'!$H$2:$H$107,'OpEx Reoccuring Expenses'!$K$2:$K$107,A28,'OpEx Reoccuring Expenses'!$I$2:$I$107,K5)+SUMIFS('Non-Reoccuring Expenses'!$F$2:$F$57,'Non-Reoccuring Expenses'!$I$2:$I$57,'Expense Budget'!A28,'Non-Reoccuring Expenses'!$G$2:$G$57,'Expense Budget'!K5)

That formula returns proper results for anything with matching month and GL code.  Now I need to add another statement that would include any data that matched the same GL code references and "12 Month" and then divide the value by 12. 

To clarify:

The Values exist in Sheet 1 H2:H107 & Sheet 2 F2:F57. 

The Criteria exist in Sheet 1 K2:K107 & I2:I107 & Sheet 2 I2:I57 & G2:G57

Comments

• eric.o
    eric.o Employee

Hello,

Happy to help! SUMIFS Functions are similar to Excel formulas but do not translate exactly. If you'd like to utilize a SUMIFS formula in Smartsheet you'll want to follow the steps outlined here: https://help.smartsheet.com/function/sumifs

If after performing the above the formula create isn't producing the desired result please provide the Smartsheet formula you've created in the returned response. Please also provide further explanation on where within the formula process you desire the 'GL code references' and the 'divide the value by 12' to take effect. 

Cheers, 

Eric  

Smartsheet Support

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!