Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Need help setting up a simple report

Sasha Berson
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2015 Posts

Trying to figure out how to set up a report that would simply list my projects and percentage  of completion of each project. i do not need to see primary tasks, just one line per project with the smart sheet name, date started and due, and percentage of completion.


I have tried to set it up cannot find a way around Primary tasks popping up in the report. Any ideas?


Thank you 


  • Jamie Camp

    I think that you are required to have the primary column.  you can rename or simply hide the coulmn.  Right click the coulmn header and select "hide column".  Save teh report and it will be hidden until you unhide it.

  • JamesR
    JamesR ✭✭✭✭✭✭

    I am assumming that you are using a hierarchy (Summary bar with sub tasks).

    Have a valie in the Project Summary row somewhere that says its the Project Summary i.e. in the Primary field is usually best then use that to filter to show only the ros that have that value in it.

  • Tim Meeks
    Tim Meeks ✭✭✭✭✭✭

    I'm doing exactly what James suggested. We have 4 sheets with projects for each department. The sheets contain a project summary row and in many cases subtasks below the summary row.


    We enter a project # for the Project summary row which identifies the main row.

    You could use this field to pull the project summary row into your report.

    in our sheets, we track all sizes on projects so we only want the major ones on the weekly report to the CIO. To only pull the big projects, we added a Check box column called "Report to CIO".  If checked, the report pulls in the project summary row.


    Hope this helps.



  • Sasha Berson
    edited 11/25/15

    Thank you all. Tim, I got what you are saying. I inserted a "#" into the top row and used that as one of the "What" filters in the report and so I was able to get exactly what I wanted. Thank you.

This discussion has been closed.