Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Recover smart-sheet project plan from previously saved copies

Renato Farina
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2015 Posts

the owner of a project plan has mistakenly deleted a great deal of lines in the master plan.  my question is, can a smartsheet project plan be recovered from previous saved versions?

greatly appreciate any feedback that can help to recover a recent copy of the plan

Renato

Comments

• J. Craig Williams
    J. Craig Williams ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Renato,

Are you doing backups? Perhaps an system admin is doing them for you?

Or perhaps a recent export?

If not, you are out of luck,

If you  are on the Team or Enterprise plan, the backups can be automatic and recurring.

See this article on backups:

http://help.smartsheet.com/customer/en/portal/articles/506499-backing-up-your-data

If the answer any of the questions is yes, then I can give tips on reconciling old and new versions.

Craig

• Andrew Gross
    Andrew Gross ✭✭✭✭

I had a similar situation recently (we didn't have backups enabled) and I now have a particularly sensitive spreadsheet emailed every weekday.

• Travis
    Travis Employee
    edited 12/03/15

Renato, backups are your best option for recovering data but its likely our Support team can email a checkpoint of the sheet to the sheet owner from before the rows were deleted.

Email support@smartsheet.com with the name of the sheet, the email address of the owner, and the approximate time and date the rows were deleted. 

• Renato Farina
    edited 12/03/15

thank you all for your responses.  

I followed Travis advice and the support team was in fact able to send me a checkpoint of the sheet.  this was perfect and we were able to recover all missing lines!

great support, smartsheet team!  thank you again and greatly appreciated!

This discussion has been closed.