Creating a form

bud race
bud race
edited 12/09/19 in Smartsheet Basics

Hi everyone. please bear with me as I am really new with smartsheet and I don't have any idea about it.

I was asked to create a form/program for our company and I don't know how to do it.

So in the form, there is this field asking if the client is new or existing that whenever someone chooses new, then it will give a blank field wherein the information will be input, otherwise, when existing is clicked, there will be a dropdown arrow showing all existing customers to choose from.

How do I do it?

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 12/18/18

Hi Bud,

Unfortunately, it's not possible to do it precisely as you describe, but it's possible with a third party solution like Google Forms or similar.

Please submit an Enhancement Request when you have a moment.

A possible workaround would be to have a field for New and then a dropdown to choose from the existing customers. Another way could be to have two different forms, one for new and one for existing.

Would any of those options work?

Have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå

Workflow Consultant @ Get Done Consulting

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Another option for working with a conditional response in a form is to use the option of providing instructional language in the form that precedes each question. Ie, "if the answer above is existing, please complete the fields below" etc... 

I believe conditional answers on forms is coming and on the roadmap, but not sure when. Until then, I use the above solution frequently. What is mentioned above by Andree is also a good suggestion. 

CB