Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Marcos to run hide / unhide on a preset group of columns

Options
Jeremy Myers
Jeremy Myers ✭✭✭✭✭
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2015 Posts

Requesting the ability to have macros that would apply hide / unhide to a preset group of columns.  I encourage my clients to put all contacts on one sheet rather than one sheet for customers, another for vendors, a third for who knows what.

Each of these types of contacts has a few unique columns which are not used for the other type of contacts so I end up with a ton of columns - not fun to scroll through.  A macro called <vendors> would only show the relevant columns for vendors, another macro shows only the relevant columns for customers.

Macros could be listed in a drop-down menue somewhere convenient on the sheet.  It would bubble sort with the most used macro listing at the top or something similar.  How cool would that be?  Very.

Comments

• Travis
    Travis Employee
    Options

Hi Jeremy - I will submit your request to our Product team!

Have you used reports before? Reports can pull in data from a single sheet or multiple sheets based on criteria you specify which gives you options on what rows and columns to include.

For example, you can have one sheet with all your data and build several reports which can show all the rows from the sheet but only columns relevant to the vendor and build another containing only columns for customers. Reports are editable and will always stay up to date with the sheet(s).

Here's information on creating reports: http://help.smartsheet.com/customer/en/portal/articles/522214-creating-reports

This discussion has been closed.