Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Print certain columns

When I go to print a smartsheet, I have the option of printing entire sheet or selected rows. Is there anyway to print selected columns?

Thanks!

Comments

• J. Craig Williams
    J. Craig Williams ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Karissa,

Here's some ways:

1. From the sheet, hide all the columns that you don't want to print, then print.

2. Create a report with all the columns you want to print (minus the sheet name), then print.

Hope that helps.

Craig

• Karissa,

I completely agree.  There are moments when selecting only the columns you want to print would help tremendously.  Hiding columns is problematic and dangerous when other people are collaborating on a sheet.   Creating a report each time just isn't efficient or user friendly.  Plus, the formatting options in the print dialogue are weak all the way around.

Joe

• Hi Craig

I am having the same issue with printing specific columns in a sheet or report. I have created a report with just the specific columns I wish to print, but when I select print, it previews every column from the original sheet. Is there a way to get around this please?

Many thanks

Harry 

• J. Craig Williams
    J. Craig Williams ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Harry,

Does the Report contain all the columns with some hidden or only the columns you want to print?

My answer was not two steps, it was two options.

Option 2 is the create the Report with the columns you want to see. 

Apologies for the confusion.

If however, you have only a few columns in your Report and can see the other when you print, that is a new one to me and likely a bug.

Craig

• we use the Smartsheet for receiving the products we want to print certain data from each row not the entire row  and print as a label to stick them on the totes 

Can some help me if there is any solution for this.

This discussion has been closed.