Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Print certain columns

Options

When I go to print a smartsheet, I have the option of printing entire sheet or selected rows. Is there anyway to print selected columns?

Thanks!

Comments

• J. Craig Williams
    J. Craig Williams ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Karissa,

Here's some ways:

1. From the sheet, hide all the columns that you don't want to print, then print.

2. Create a report with all the columns you want to print (minus the sheet name), then print.

Hope that helps.

Craig

• Joe Crowel
    Options

Karissa,

I completely agree.  There are moments when selecting only the columns you want to print would help tremendously.  Hiding columns is problematic and dangerous when other people are collaborating on a sheet.   Creating a report each time just isn't efficient or user friendly.  Plus, the formatting options in the print dialogue are weak all the way around.

Joe

• Harry Scarrott
    Options

Hi Craig

I am having the same issue with printing specific columns in a sheet or report. I have created a report with just the specific columns I wish to print, but when I select print, it previews every column from the original sheet. Is there a way to get around this please?

Many thanks

Harry 

• J. Craig Williams
    J. Craig Williams ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Harry,

Does the Report contain all the columns with some hidden or only the columns you want to print?

My answer was not two steps, it was two options.

Option 2 is the create the Report with the columns you want to see. 

Apologies for the confusion.

If however, you have only a few columns in your Report and can see the other when you print, that is a new one to me and likely a bug.

Craig

• we use the Smartsheet for receiving the products we want to print certain data from each row not the entire row  and print as a label to stick them on the totes 

Can some help me if there is any solution for this.

This discussion has been closed.