Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Sharing Resource Views with Other Resource Viewers

Zac
Zac
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2016 Posts

We are getting started using SmartSheets Resource Management tool and I would like to create a few different resource views for some of our supervisors. Essentially each supervisor will have a view of their team so they can see what projects their team is working on and when.

My issue is that I've created a few of these views, but when I had the supervisors go on SmartSheet the only Resource View they see is the default "All Users" view, none of the views that I created. Is there a sharing option for resource views similar to sharing a sheet or should anyone with resource view permissions be able to see all resource views created by anyone on our account?

Comments

• J. Craig Williams
    J. Craig Williams ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Zac,

From my experience, there is not resource view sharing.

Each user has to create them for themselves.

To make this less painful, if you can, put your users into groups. 

Set the Resource View to use groups - verify it is complete and then each user can add the group instead of individuals. Be careful, since you can't use both groups and individuals - changing from group to an individual will mess up the view.

Hope this helps.

Craig

This discussion has been closed.