Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Feature Requests: Viewable attachments

Options

I was exploring Airtable.com, and they have a feature I would love to see in Smartsheet. You can view attachments without having to download them. I would like to be able to associate a small graphic with each line of a sheet without users having to download each one separately. I have a spreadsheet of test data that I share with teachers. It would be nice to associate a PDF of each test question with each line of data that teachers could click on to see without downloading. Thanks.

Comments

• Travis
    Travis Employee
    Options

Hi Charlie, currently Smartsheet supports previewing images and PDFs without downloading them - as long as they are uploaded from your computer (rather than attached from another service which may or may not support previews). Images will open in a pop up window and PDFs will open in a new browser tab. 

• gb82
    gb82 ✭✭✭✭
    edited 01/08/16
    Options

What about a large thumbnail image , for example when you hover over an attachment - that would be perfect :-)

• Thanks, Travis! I was only using the download button and didn't think to click on the file directly. I assumed it would do the same thing. This is exactly what I need.

• Libni Rodriguez
    edited 03/31/16
    Options

@Travis - Hello Travis, quick question.  Are there any plans to enhance the viewing functionalities to possibly include Word, PPT, .AVI/.MP4 without having to download the actual file to the computer?

Thanks.

L. Rodriguez

• Travis
    Travis Employee
    Options

Libni, we do not have any near term plans to support viewing different file types  by we are taking feedback for it  and I will add your vote for it! 

This discussion has been closed.