Calendar App Add-on - New Event

mmac
mmac ✭✭✭✭✭
edited 12/09/19 in Smartsheet Basics

Hello,

Currently, I have the add new event function enabled for the calendar app. The calendar is pulling from a sheet which has a column where I am using a formula to format the event info in a way where it can be easily read by our team.

Is there currently a work around to "hide" the formula column from being accessible when adding a new event to the calendar, but still allowing the data to pull into the calendar app itself?

For existing events or line items that are created directly in the sheet, the user is no able to make edits to the locked formula column when viewing the event from the Calendar app view which is ideal. Looking for similar behavior when creating a new event from the calendar itself though.

Please see attachments

Thank you for support!

download.png

download (1).png

Comments

• Anthony M.
    Anthony M. Employee

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out. I've gone ahead and tested to confirm this scenario. Unfortunately, the only way I was able to hide the field from the New Event screen is to not map it at all. I understand this is not the desired effect as you still wish to see it when viewing an already created event.

As a potential workaround, you may look into using a Form for the sheet and have users enter new events from there. Allowing you to hide the field from the form but include all the required fields.

I've gone ahead and forwarded this scenario on to our Product Team to review for potential improvements. We appreciate your feedback!

Should you have any additional questions or concerns, feel free to reach out to our support team directly using the following form, https://help.smartsheet.com/contact

Kind Regards,

Anthony

Smartsheet Support