Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Why does smart-sheets forward you to a maintenance page for maintenance and then not forward you bac

Jarrod Juleff
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2016 Posts

This confused me as I did not notice the date right away.  I went to breakfast and came back before I realized it was yesterday and the mainenance page does not automatically forward you back to smartsheets.  I refresh the page and expect to be back online.  Not super frustrating but a little dumb if you ask me.  Can we adjust this at the smartsheets team?  Thanks!

Comments

• Travis
    Travis Employee
    edited 01/19/16

Good suggestion Jarrod! When the app is down for maintenance/upgrades (usually less than 15 minutes) all users are logged out of the app and sessions are ended. Once the maintenance is completed, you can log back into the app but we do not automatically log you back in. We are working on system enhancements to improve this process address the concerns you raised, and make upgrades a seamless experience.   

You can sign up for system status updates, which will text and/or email you as soon as the maintenance is complete and any other information about the maintenance and how long it is expected to take. Sign up here: status.smartsheet.com

• Jarrod Juleff
    edited 01/19/16

Well my point is that : https://app.smartsheet.com/b/maintenance?lang=en_US Should not really be accessible or refreshable after maintenance.  I hit refresh thinking it would check and at least bring me back to login.  I did not notice the date until I waited a bit and nothing changed.  That was the main source of my confusion.

• Travis
    Travis Employee

Thanks for clarifying! As you have seen, the maintenance page will not redirect you to the app when maintenance is complete. I am meeting with the product team today and I will bring this up to them!

• Travis
    Travis Employee

Hi Jarrod, I spoke with our Product team and I was incorrect in the information I gave you.  

The expected behavior is that the maintenance page will auto refresh and redirect you after the maintenance is complete. They are currently looking into why this did not happen for you (and possibly other users).

Thanks for reporting this! 

This discussion has been closed.