Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Change licenced user for other

Options
Bertino Hernández
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2016 Posts

I am SmartSheet administrator at my company, I have four licensed users, now wanted a change to another user (this because this no longer working for the company). How I can do this Movement to change without affecting the user leaves which owns ?.

Cheers

Comments

• Bob Stevens
    Options

Here is a link to article from Smartsheet support page that walks you through how to transfer the variuous account types (basic or advanced).

http://help.smartsheet.com/customer/portal/articles/1235045 

• Travis
    Travis Employee
    Options

Hi Bertino!

Here are the steps to make another user the main contact for a team, transfer the data from the user who is leaving the company, and remove the user from your account.

1. Make the new account owner a SysAdmin by going to Account > User Managment > right click on the user > Edit User > check the box for System Administrator

2. Follow these steps to change the main contact for your team

3. Transfer sheets owned by going to Account > User Managment > right click on the user > Transfer Owned Sheets to Other User

4. Remove user from sharing on all sheets owned by members of your team by going to Account > User Managment > right click on the user > Remove User Sharing Access

5. Another SysAdmin can remove the user from the account by going to Account > User Managment > right click on the user > Delete User. 

This discussion has been closed.