Update Jira issue sprint from Smartsheet

Bob Smith
Bob Smith
edited 12/09/19 in Smartsheet Basics

I would like to update the sprint of a jira from smartsheet.

I get this error when I try

Invalid response from JIRA. statusCode: 400, reasonPhrase: Field 'customfield_14605' cannot be set. It is not on the appropriate screen, or unknown.

How can I fix this?

Thanks

Comments

• Hi Bob,

It sounds like you would like to update Sprint information from Smartsheet. Please note that Sprints can not presently be updated from Smartsheet. I''d encounrage you to add your vote for the ability to update Sprints in JIRA from Smartsheet at the link below:

The error you're seeing would indicate that the field you're trying to make changes to does not exist in the Create / Edit Issue screens in your JIRA Project. The solution to this would be to reach out to a JIRA Admin to ensure the custom field value you're trying to update is present in the Create / Edit Issue screens for your JIRA Project.

If you have any additional questions, please submit a new ticket to Smartsheet Support and include the Workflow Execution file for your JIRA Connector Workflow. Screenshots of your Workflow and errors you're seeing are also appreciated:

• Instructions for gathering Workflow Support Info File:

• In the JIRA Connector dashboard, select the timestamp under the Run Date column of your workflow. This will bring you to the workflow run history where you can see any error messages for each run.

• Select the timestamp under the Last Run column for the latest run of the workflow.

• On following page, go to the hamburger menu (three horizontal lines in the upper left) and choose Download Workflow Execution Support Info. (Not Account Support Info file)

• Attach the file to a reply to this email and we will review it as soon as possible.

You can submit a Smartsheet Support ticket at the link below:

Kind regards,

Nathan

Smartsheet Support