Switch back to old SmartSheet View

j.green
j.green
edited 12/09/19 in Smartsheet Basics

I am frustrated with the new "View" SmartSheet has created.  I switch between many sheets during the work day and depended on the tabs across the top of my screen.  Now I have to search through the left hand view and it takes a long time.  

Anyone know how to set my view back to the tabs?

Thanks,

J

Comments

• They decided to remove internal tabs and doesn't sound there is any chance they are coming back.  So, you now need to use your browser tabs instead.  Open multiple instances of Smartsheet for each tab you normally would have had in a single browser tab.   If you right click on the space or sheet, there is an option to open in a new browser tab 

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 01/31/19

Hi,

Please submit an Enhancement Request when you have a moment.

A New Way to Submit Your Feature Requests

To make your Enhancement / Feature Request count, send in the form above because there isn’t a guarantee, it will be registered otherwise.

Original Post: https://community.smartsheet.com/announcement/new-way-submit-your-feature-requests

Have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå

Workflow Consultant @ Get Done Consulting

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Mike Wilday
    Mike Wilday ✭✭✭✭✭✭

I would recommend creating a folder of bookmarked tabs on your bookmark bar. Then right-click to open all tabs in the folder. That way you can still open all of them at once. 

2019-01-31_08-52-15.gif

• I, too, access many sheets and reports throughout the day.  However, I found the old view more frustrating because there was room for only about 3 or 4 tabs on the top.  Beyond that you had to select a pull down tab to see the rest of the list.  After I gave myself time to get familiar with it I actually like the new format much better.  Here are two really good tips for making it easier to find your sheets, reports, etc:  1) On the Recently Opened List, PIN the titles you look at most often(sheets, reports, schedules, etc), this will place those titles at the top of the list so you don't have to search through the entire list.  To do this, hover your mouse pointer over a title, right click, and select Pin To Top,  and 2) Use the Favorites List to separate your favorite titles from all others.  To Do This, open the Home list and select the folder where the titles are saved.  Click the Favorites star on the left side of the titles you want to show on your favorites list.

Both are easy steps to take to help manage and access your sheets, reports, etc.  Also, from a maintenance perspective, I will periodically declutter by removing sheets and reports from my Recently Opened list.  This doesn't delete the title, it just removes it from the Most Recent list.  For me, if it's something I don't access on some regular basis, I will remove it from the list.  To do this, hover your mouse pointer over a title, right click, and select Remove From Recents.

These steps have helped me, I hope they will help you too.