Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Precedents no longer working when copying the sheet

Options
Rob
Rob
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2016 Posts

I have a project sheet that has worked perfectly for about 10 months. It has lots of dependencies already set up.

I made a copy of the sheet and removed all of the dates (highlighted them all and deleted). I have changed the names of some of the rows but the duration of every task and it's depedecies are still there (which is what I want)

Now when I start putting dates into some of the lines, those rows that are dependant are not linking to the rows they depend on.

Hopefully you can make out the screenshot. Row 208 had a duration and is dependant on row 207 but it doesn't appear on the Gannt chart. The same for row 209.

Any thoughts

smartsheet.JPG

Comments

• J. Craig Williams
    J. Craig Williams ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Rob,

It looks like row 207 may have #REF error.

You might try fixing that first.

The order and precedence of Start, Due, Preds, Durations always seem to be different, but I know that can't be true.

If the #REF does not work, 

(tip: search for #REF using the search bar to find all of them across all sheets)

try deleting Duration and Pred and readding them.

Hope this helps.

Craig

This discussion has been closed.