Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Can daily tasks list be generated from Smartsheet?

Robert Enns
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2016 Posts

Hi, Smartsheet veterans.  I am new to Smartsheet, so I want to ask a basic question. Is it possible to generate daily tasks lists, with priorities, from a person's smartsheet sheets? I am hoping to use Smartsheet on my laptop (using Windows 10) and iPad to set the schedule for different projects and activities, but then transfer these activities into G Tasks Pro (Google based) on my iPad and iPhone, which would show what activities I have scheduled for each day. Is that possible? Can that information be automatically generated by synchronizing these apps / programs? Or will I have to enter all of the information again into G Tasks Pro? Does anyone have experience in doing this? What do you suggest?  Thanks. 

Tags:

Comments

• I create weekly task lists for our teams and you can change the duration to just a day.  When you create the tasks you can add a column to set priority - you could then sort the task list by priority.

I can't help you with the G Tasks Pro part as I'm not familiar, but if it'll take Excel or Google spreadsheet as an import source, you may be able to do it.

The ability to generate the daily task list is definitely something Smartsheet can do.

• Robert Enns
    edited 02/03/16

Thanks for your response, Terri. I'm glad to hear that generating daily tasks lists from Smartsheet is possible. I'll try to check out whether spreadsheets can be imported into G Tasks Pro. If anyone else has other experiences as well in how they integrate Smartsheet with software which helps plan each day's activities, I'll be happy to learn more. Thanks.

• J. Craig Williams
    J. Craig Williams ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Robert, 

For daily task lists, I use Reports. 

1. They gather data from one or more sheets.

2. They are editable.

They only show data that the person could see if they went to the sheet - that is the underlying data must be shared to them.

Hope this helps.

Craig

• Okay, so I just got very excited about the report option to help me do a daily to do list better than I am currently. But, I cannot as I would have to upgrade as on the basic plan, but I cannot do this as I am using this just for me, not a business. 

I am currently keeping all my tasks in one sheet, that way I can see all my tasks in all the different views at once, and can control what I see with multiple filters, this is okay, but can get a bit overwhelming... 

Any ideas how to use streamline my process?

This discussion has been closed.