Filter on Names stopped working

Si Spence
Si Spence ✭✭✭✭✭✭
edited 12/09/19 in Smartsheet Basics

I have a number of existing filters created from a 'Contact List' column and these work fine.  I'm now trying to create some more and they don't work.  The Filter is simple enough, just based on a name (email address) and even if I copy a filter and pick a different name the filter doesn't work.

Any ideas please?  Thank you.

Comments

• Si—

Confirm that the contacts you're filtering on have the name and email address listed. (Double-click a cell in the sheet to bring up the Edit Contact form.)

There may be multiple contacts with the same name.

Also make sure that you're using the "is one of" criteria as opposed to something like "contains" or "is not one of."

If that's not the case for you, take a screenshot of your filter criteria and another screenshot of one of the names in the sheet (with the Edit Contact form open) that you're trying to filter on and post those here.

• Si Spence
    Si Spence ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi Shaine,  SS have told me there is a known error in Filters post the adoption of 'allow multiple contacts'.  I've unchecked this option and reverted to one contact to a cell, and all is now working okay once more.

It seems like SS overlooked this potential problem.  

• Just a quick thing that you might try:

1. Enable one contact column to allow multiple contacts again
    2. Add multiple contacts to a row
    3. Create a filter and make sure that you have the rule set to "has any of" (screenshot attached)

Are those the results you were looking for?

Otherwise, maybe I'm missing the boat on what you're wanting your filter to do.