Prefill dates in forms

Options
stolst00
stolst00 ✭✭
edited 12/09/19 in Smartsheet Basics

Is it possible to prefill dates in forms? I am looking to fill the following in my forms:

-todays date

-4 business days in future based on todays date

-Tomorrows date if submission is after 3pm

Comments

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi,

Unfortunately, it's not possible to pre-fill or calculate dates in the form at the moment, but it's a great idea!

Please submit an Enhancement Request when you have a moment.

As a workaround, you could do the calculation on the sheet instead, but the date will update each time the sheet is opened and saved if we use the TODAY function. The submitter could select today's date, and the rest could happen on the sheet.

Another option could be to use a third-party form solution instead.

Would that work?

Have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå

Workflow Consultant @ Get Done Consulting

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• H.Arsenault
    H.Arsenault ✭✭✭
    Options

I have a column in my sheet that auto-populates dates.  You may need to manually enter the today date and not sure how you could make it work for the tomorrow's date if submission is after 3pm (again this may need to be manual) however it should work for the 4 days later (not sure about specifying of business days, again may need to add into calculation manually). This is how it worked for me:

Enter this following formula into the cell you wish to be 4 days later:

=[ColumnName][Row#]+[#ofDays]

example: My column named is "Updated". If I want row 5's follow up date to be 30 days after the last "update" date, I use =Updated5+30

If you are adding this column into a already filled sheet you should be able to copy (using the bottom right corner of the cell) the column all the way down, just as you would in Excel. 

Hope that helps!

• LGoller
    LGoller ✭✭✭
    edited 02/20/19
    Options

That's actually easy. Just create a automatic column in your underlying smartsheet that captures "Creation Date". That will give you the date that the form is entered.

https://help.smartsheet.com/articles/1964567-system-columns

There is no way to extract the timestamp (that could be a feature request). However, you could change your time zone so that Smartsheet thinks you are 9 hours in the future. That would change your date to the next date. (i.e. go from GMT-5 Eastern to GMT+4 Asia

The you add a date column that adds to your timestamp created date: i.e the formula would be: 

=Created1 + 4

Test this out and see if it works for you.

LG