Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Count Down Formula

Stephanie Taylor
Stephanie Taylor ✭✭✭✭✭✭
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2016 Posts

Does anyone know a formula that can count down days (for example how many days to an election)? 

Comments

• Tim Meeks
    Tim Meeks ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Steph,

I think this will work.

=[Election Date]2 - TODAY()

Enter your election date and have another column for the Days remaining.

let me know.

Tim

• Stephanie Taylor
    Stephanie Taylor ✭✭✭✭✭✭

I think that might work.  I'll let you know tomorrow. 

Thanks Tim!

• Stephanie Taylor
    Stephanie Taylor ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Tim, 

The formula above works great.  Thanks!!

• Jake Friedberg
    edited 07/13/16

Hi, 

Is there a way to do a countdown of today from the final completation date of your project? I've tried playing around with this formula but I can't seem to get it working.

• Jake Friedberg
    edited 07/13/16

Nevermind! I got it! But, how can I delete the calendar format for one of the cells in a collumn?

• RoxanneF
    RoxanneF
    edited 02/02/18

Stumbled on this thread - Tim is there a specific format for adding in the event date? I just input it into where you had written 'Election Date' but got an error stating "#UNPARSEABLE" below is the formula i input. I basically want it to count down how many weeks to go from the event date using the start date of each task (certain tasks due 8 weeks out, 6 weeks out etc etc) and I have already build my task sheet with start and end dates.

=[04/25/18]2 - TODAY([Start Date]4)

Is there something I can add to the end of the formula that when I drag the formula down to other cells, it will know to go to the next start date inline with that cell - ie Start Date5, Start Date6 etc etc. AND - if I can go even further - I want it to calculate in weeks rather than days?

This discussion has been closed.