How to make a chart that calculates total sales by payment meothd?

UDP
UDP
edited 12/09/19 in Smartsheet Basics

Hello!

I have a sales sheet indicating many information among of which is the total of each sale and the payment method (either cash or cheque).

I made a report to group only sales from this month, with both payment methods, I wanted to add a widget to the dashboard from this report that will show total sales by cash and total sales by cheque and then the Total of both in a simple chart. However the chart shows all individual sales in a large and messy way.

I don't know if there's a way to fix that or if I need more steps before creating the widget.

any help is appreciated

Tags:

Comments

• L_123
    L_123 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

It depends on how the sheet is oriented. Can you attach a snap of the sheet as it currently is with any private numbers blocked out? then we can tell you what you need to do in order to fix it.

• Thank you for your reply!

I have figured it out, and for anyone asking how?

instead of using reports I made a new sheet dedicated for calculations. in there I used sumif formula to calculate sum of sales  if the the payment method is cash and referencing ranges from the sales sheet. I did the same thing for cheque in another cell. then I calculated the total of both methodes. Finally I added the widget to the dashboard by selecting the range in the calculations sheet and it worked.

I hope that was helpful.