Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Anybody else having trouble with reports this morning? Did checkbox behavior change?

Preston
Preston ✭✭✭✭✭
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2016 Posts

I have reports for each team member and the tasks they are assigned. The reports are now missing the majority of the tasks assigned to that person. (Not all). I have checked the source data and the report filter criteria. Nothing has changed. I cannot get any previously created tasks to show in their reports. The only way I have been able to get something to show is to create a new task at the bottom of my sheet. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated...

Comments

• I am having the same problem this morning...  Mine are not dependent on any checkboxes however.  The majority of tasks that should appear in a report are not - even though nothing has changed.  I too have checked the data and report criteria - I even tried creating a new report to ensure I wasn't missing something small...

• System
    System Employee Admin

Same issue here...

• Preston
    Preston ✭✭✭✭✭

Glad to hear I'm not the only one. I also tried creating a new report, but no luck. It does seem to be directly related to checkbox behavior. Hey, West Coast! Wake uuuuuup! Smile

• I have a similar issue on two of my reports, that just started this morning.

One of my reports looks for a blank check box on another sheet. the report should have had 14 rows based on the boxes checked on the sheet, but only 2 were showing up. I was able to fix the issue by checking off all the boxes on the sheet, re running the report, then un-checking the appropriate 14 boxes and re-running the report yet again. the report is now correct. the other report had a similar issue, but instead of looking for an unchecked box, it was looking for a blank date column. I had to fill in all the dates, then delete the one that were originally blank. then the report populated correctly.

This is a concerning issue, as it defeats the whole porous of having reports. I only noticed the problem because most but not all of the items in the report were missing. If only a few were missing, I probably would not have noticed.

• Preston
    Preston ✭✭✭✭✭

Yup. In order for it to show in the report, I had to tick the checkbox, and then untick it. 

What has transpired, Travis?

• Kyle Morgan
    Kyle Morgan ✭✭✭✭✭

Same issue here. Every Team member report is missing more than half of their tasks.

I have been having issues with reporting for 2 weeks, now and have had no luck with tech support being able to find a solution.

Everything went FUBAR the moment the last update went into effect.

I am trying my best to be patient but I am beginning to lose faith, here.

• I am having issues with my reports as well.

I have a "Complete Date" column which my report will generate informaiton if it is blank.  This is not working as it should even after testing new reports.  There has to be an issue on the SmartSheet side of things.  I

An update would be great so we understand what has happened and what we would need to do to get our reports working again.

• Same here - our team is using multiple reports for their work flow that are pulled from 2 different sheets. Everything that is supposed to be on the reports related to checkboxes is completely out of whack. 

We're working from the main sheets right now but getting this straightened out asap would sure be helpful.

• Richard Rymill SBP
    Richard Rymill SBP ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi to Travis & Support there seems to be a mismatch in your system, the Staus Page is showing that all is well and clearly it is not? Please fix and advise asap?

http://status.smartsheet.com/

RichardR

• Zack S
    Zack S Employee

Hello Everyone, 

Thank you for letting us know. I can confirm that we are looking into this issue and working on a resolution as soon as possible.

-Zack 

• Zack S
    Zack S Employee

Hello Everyone again! 

I just wanted to update you all that we were able to get the status page (status.smartsheet.com) updated so you can be alerted of the issue and it's progress. 

• Preston
    Preston ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks Zack...I've noticed some flip flop when refrshing reports AFTER the "completed failover of our reporting infrastructure". I can hit refresh multiple times and still get the erroneuous results intermittently. I'm not sure if that is a result of the active monitoring or if the issue is not entirely resolved. Thanks for the feedback.

• Zack S
    Zack S Employee

Hello Preston, 

We were able to implement the fix and it has resolved the issue for most users. If you are still having trouble with the report, please email support@smartsheet.com and we'll be sure to investigate further, as it's possible there is another issue happening, or a residual problem from the issue earlier. 

Emailing support will allow us to troubleshoot the issue and see what the cause of the issue is. 

-Zack

• Preston
    Preston ✭✭✭✭✭

I responded to Steve from customer support with this information. Is that sufficient, or should I start a new ticket?

• Zack S
    Zack S Employee

Hello Preston, 

Responding to Steve will be perfect. He'll get back to you as soon as he can with additional information. 

This discussion has been closed.