Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

How can we leave resource views expanded all the time?

Yu-Ju Lin
Yu-Ju Lin
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2016 Posts

We are currently heavily using the resource view, but we find there is one downside, which seems minor at first.

All the users are always minimized but we would love to see it expanded at all times to have a quick view of the projects they are assigned to.

Even when we expand it, the moment we refresh the page it minimizes.

Is there a way to configure the resource view so it's always expanded?

Comments

• J. Craig Williams
    J. Craig Williams ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Not that I know of.

Add my vote for this enhancement.

Craig

• Travis
    Travis Employee

From within the sheet, they will always be collapsed when you open the view but I will pass your feedback along. 

You might consider using the Home tab resource view, which will never collapse the view.

• Hi Travis.,

Just to be clear where we're accessing the Resource View.

This is where we view the Resource View. But the resources are always collapsed.

2016-03-03_16-28-17.jpg

2016-03-03_16-29-54.jpg

• Travis
    Travis Employee

Yu-Ju Lin, apologies, you are correct. If you build a view based on groups, it will be collapsed when you first open. You might consider creating views based on users or projects. This will still collapse projects under each user, but the users themselves will not be collapsed under another section. 

• Hey Travis, 

We also have a view by Users. 

The request is to keep the project under each user un-collapsed. :)

thank you

• I agree with Craig, add also my vote for this enhancement.

My group manages different projects and we are 25 people, I would love to have the "Resource View" uncollapse so in one single view be able to see all projects all users allocation.

Any idea how we can pass this to the Smartsheet team?

Have a lovely day,

Anna

This discussion has been closed.