Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Push Merging - Is there a way to push a record form smartsheet to a Merge function

Christian Wells
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2016 Posts

Hi All ,

Calling all Merge Experts - Google docs or another applicaiton.

I am looking to build a quicker more accurate solution.

I have a GDoc template created, I have a list of data that I merge from.

Presently I have to go to the GDocs Document to then

select 'add ons > smartsheet merge" to then

Select  the record I wish to merge (out of several and could be heaps) to then

Run the merge

Is there a way to push the merge from smartsheet to select a record and then print this record?

That will improve accuracy and make a solution far less clunky...

Happy to accept any idea's...

Thank you in advance community.

Christian

Comments

• Atus Bartal
    Atus Bartal ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Dear Christian,

I like the idea very much.... it would be great. However, I think it's not possible, since the merge functionality is an add-on to GDrive and not to Smartsheet (like in MS Office: it's a function of Word). 

I guess there is a way that Azuqua/Zapier fans could recommend, so I'll give them the floor. 

(Btw, I would be happy even if there was  a smarter way to select a record, as I wrote here.)

Atus

• Alex Vorobiev
    Alex Vorobiev ✭✭✭✭✭

It sounds what you are looking for is to be able to select one or more Smartsheet rows right from inside Smartsheet, and then click a button to send them to a Google Doc.

Unfortunately, there is no way to do this from inside Smartsheet today.  Smartsheet Merge or, possibly, Zapier or Azuqua are your options.  Longer term we are thinking about enabling actions like that from inside the product - I will make a note of this.

Thanks!

• Atus Bartal
    Atus Bartal ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks, Alex, 

That would be great! Add my vote, please! 

This discussion has been closed.