Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Using SUMIF when column is not blank

Options

Hello,

I am trying to sum only the values of the children in one column for which the corresponding cell from another column is not blank. I tried this formula: =SUMIFS(CHILDREN(Amount25)), (CHILDREN([Date Paid]25), NOT BLANK), but it did not work. Is it even possible?

Thanks!

Comments

• Jim Hook
    Jim Hook ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I use SUMIFS frequently  but I'm not familiar with the NOT BLANK part as the thing to match. I do know that the first argument has to specify a range that only includes numbers or blank cells and that the second argument range has to have the same number of cells as the first argument. I think the NOT BLANK part is not a valid argument. Try <>"" which I think Smartsheet wil interpret as "not equal to blank".

• Travis
    Travis Employee
    Options

You wont be able to say "not blank" in a SUMIF but you can SUMIF it is blank, then subtrack that from the total SUM. Try this:

=SUM(CHILDREN(Amount25)) - SUMIF(CHILDREN([Date Paid]25), "", CHILDREN(Amount25))

• Thanks, for the input!

Travis, that worked great!

This discussion has been closed.