Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Login history non-licensed users

JJ
JJ
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2016 Posts

It seems that it's only possible to review login history of licensed users. We have a relatively small number of licensed users, but we share project timelines with many external stakeholders (with view only access). It would be great if we could somehow track their level of engagement in our project timelines, possibly by monitoring how often they login to our timing plans. 

Comments

• J. Craig Williams
    J. Craig Williams ✭✭✭✭✭✭

JJ 

I thought something related to this was on the roadmap for enhancements

https://www.smartsheet.com/product-roadmap

but I don't see it now. Maybe it was wishful thinking.

Craig

• Travis
    Travis Employee

Hi JJ, at the moment, SysAdmins can track the login history of licensed and non-licensed members of their accounts through the Login History menu.

It sounds like you are asking for the login history of users who are not members of your account. For security reasons, we do not give users the ability to see this personal information for users they are not the SysAdmins of. 

There are many benefits to having users join your account - one of which is the ability to monitor and administrate their account. 

• Dave B
    Dave B ✭✭✭✭✭

Knowing when a user logged into their account isn't very useful.

What is useful is this:  Box allows me to see who accessed what and when at the file level.  It also tells me what they did with the file (preview and/or download).  If they are an editor I am of course notified if they uploaded a new version as well.

That is the feature SmartSheet needs to give to sheet owners.

This discussion has been closed.