Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Printing a Sight

Options

Comments

• Vote me 100 times for the Sights Print feature.Laughing

snipping tool and print screen can only do so much! 

• Josh Patterson
    Options

Will there be an official announcement when the Sights print feauture becomes available?

• Daniel Stein
    Options

Hi Josh,

Yes, you should see an announcement here in the Community, and you'll also see the print button appear in the toolbar when you open any Sight.

We currently plan to release Sight Print sometime in November, so stay tuned.

Best regards,

Daniel

• Jennifer Greenough
    Jennifer Greenough Overachievers Alumni
    edited 10/31/16
    Options

Is there an update on whether this will be included in the November release?

• Daniel Stein
    Options

Hi all,

Sight Print is now released! Feel free to try it out and let us know what you think.

Here are a couple of pointers about Sight Print, in case it's helpful:

- Sight Print works a bit differently on different browsers, due to differences in print capabilities among the browsers. Sight Print works best in Chrome and will scale the Sight to fit to on a single page, at your chosen page size and orientation. In the other browsers, the Sight will scale to fit on a single Letter or A4 sized page -- either portrait or landscape depending on the layout of your Sight.

- PDF print is a built-in printer option for all the browsers except IE, for which it's available as a free extension from a number of providers.

Best regards,

Daniel Stein

Product Manager, Sights

• Jennifer Greenough
    Jennifer Greenough Overachievers Alumni
    Options

Sweet!  Thank you!!

• Laughing Thanks Smartsheet for doing this... brilliant product add on, smart features and endless uses!!... and even better now with Sight Print

• Dawn Ziebarth
    Options

Is there any update to save as pdf for print for sights view

• Natalie Gorman
    Natalie Gorman ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I am new to Sights and just having a bit of a play.  I have switched browser from IE to Chrome which provides much better print functionality (I couldn't even get the title background colours in IE).

I do have one query regarding the date in the header when you print.  The format is showing M/DD/YYYY despite my personal settings as UK GMT.  The date format is however correct when printing sheets or reports.

Can anyone help please?

Many thanks

Natalie

• Chess2780
    Options

This is a MUST have.  You need to get it done SmartSheet.

• Abbey
    Options

Is there an update on this?  I am trying to print a Sight and no matter how much I play around with print settings, all the data is clumped to one corner of the page.

• Mark Mr
    Options

One year later and problem still exists.. did you switch jobs or just forgot this is a problem?

• Lawrence Ough
    Options

When I try to print or create a PDF of a Dashboard, the content tries to print to one page only and is shrunken and aligned to the left side of the page. Sheets and reports allow you to spread content to the width of the printed page, but dashboards does not have this feature. Why is this. I have seen in a few places on this site that this issue has been around for a long time. Is there a solution that I just cannot find int he Help files, or is this an unavoidable feature. If there is no solution then when will there be, as this is a major shortcoming and defeats any ability to share dashboards outside of viewing it online. My executives need a file or print out offline.

Regards,

Lawrence Ough

• Lawrence Ough
    Options

When I try to print or create a PDF of a Dashboard, the content tries to print to one page only and is shrunken and aligned to the left side of the page. Sheets and reports allow you to spread content to the width of the printed page, but dashboards does not have this feature. Why is this. I have seen in a few places on this site that this issue has been around for a long time. Is there a solution that I just cannot find int he Help files, or is this an unavoidable feature. If there is no solution then when will there be, as this is a major shortcoming and defeats any ability to share dashboards outside of viewing it online. My executives need a file or print out offline.

Regards,

Lawrence Ough

• Chris McKay
    Chris McKay ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

You realise that 95% of the comments in this thread are 2 years old and that we've had the ability to print Dashboards for a while now right?

This discussion has been closed.