Excel VBA Examples

LeeGilbert
LeeGilbert ✭✭
edited 12/09/19 in API & Developers

Does anyone have any examples of using Excel VBA to run api commands?

I had some routines that used CreateObject("WinHttp.WinHttpRequest.5.1") with 1.1 but these don't work anymore, I get error occurred in the secure channel support.

I am trying to update smartsheet rows from macros within excel and word which are used to generate reports

Comments

• Richard Rymill SBP
    Richard Rymill SBP ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Lee we have written an API solution for moving data both ways between Excel and Smartsheet so maybe not worth struggling on?

We are pricing our Smarter Apps range to sell in volume at very sensible prices so for this App the cost would be just $25 per month plus an hour or two to help you implement it in the smartest way to suit your need. 

We did this because of Community demand. see link to info sheet. here... 

https://www.smarterbusinessprocesses.com/excel-smartsheet-data-refresh/

RichardR

• Dear Richard, thank you for the API solution. I just have some questions

1.      We are planning to make a VBA form in Office 365

2.      We want to to syncronize the smartsheet information to the VBA Excel form

3.      Until now we are not interested in sending VBA Excel form information to the smartshee

4.      We want the smartsheet users to update the information into the smartsheet and then automatically update the VBA Excel form. 

I just want to know if the APP can help us.

Thank you

• Ryan Kramer
    Ryan Kramer ✭✭✭✭✭

@Mauricio Salazar Santana ,

This is the type of work that we generally do - custom integrations.

It would be approximately the same cost per month with hosting and support and some initial setup.

If Richard's solution does not meet your needs, I'd be happy to discuss.

Ryan