RYGB formula linking to Status Drop-Down List

Susan@SMC
Susan@SMC
edited 12/09/19 in Smartsheet Basics

Hi SmartSheet Experts,

I'm trying to automate RYGB status ball colors to link to the following options from a "Status" column drop-down list, as follows:

Green = In Progress

Yellow = Potential Delay

Red = Behind Schedule

Blue = Complete

Here's the formula I've come up with, but it's giving me an "#Unparseable" error.

=IF(Status3, ="In Progress", "Green"), IF(Status3, ="Potential Delay", "Yellow"), IF(Status3, ="Behind Schedule", "Red"), IF(Status3, ="Complete", "Blue")

Can you tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Kind Regards,

Susan

Comments

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi Susan,

Try this.

=IF(Status@row = "In Progress"; "Green"; IF(Status@row = "Potential Delay"; "Yellow"; IF(Status@row = "Behind Schedule"; "Red"; IF(Status@row = "Complete"; "Blue"))))    

The same version but with the below changes for your and others convenience.  

=IF(Status@row = "In Progress", "Green", IF(Status@row = "Potential Delay", "Yellow", IF(Status@row = "Behind Schedule", "Red", IF(Status@row = "Complete", "Blue"))))

Depending on your country you’ll need to exchange the comma to a period and the semi-colon to a comma.

Did it work?

Have a fantastic day!

Best,

Andrée Starå

Workflow Consultant @ Get Done Consulting

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Thank you SO much, Andrée!

I'm in the US and that second formula worked perfectly.

Have a wonderful day.

Cheers,

Susan

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Excellent!

Happy to help!

Best,

Andrée

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Mike Wilday
    Mike Wilday ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi Susan, when you a nest an IF statement, you don't want to close the statement by adding an ending parenthesis until the very end of the formula. So in your instance, as Andree corrected, you would do... 

IF(THIS, THEN THIS, IF(This, Then this, IF(This, then This)))

Each of the if statements are opened in the the ELSE portion of the IF statement and nested within each other. They are all finally closed at the end.

Hope that helps bring understanding to the solution.