Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Count checkmarks

Bill Brandt
Bill Brandt ✭✭✭✭✭
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2016 Posts

I am looking to count the "checked" boxes of subtasks and then also have a total of all of them. What formula approach should I use. I have tried this "=COUNTIF([Bid Recieved]29:[Bid Recieved]35, 1)" which I believe is right out of the refernce page but does not work so I tried this "=COUNTIF([Bid Recieved]29:[Bid Recieved]35, ISBOOLEAN())" which does not work.

Thanks

Bill

Comments

• Atus Bartal
    Atus Bartal ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Bill, 

I don't know how it looks like in your sheet, but the first one works for me. I put it in a new column (since it cannot be in a checkbox type column). What is the error message?

However, if I understand you well, these checkboxes are in subtasks. In this case I suggest to use this formula: =COUNTIF(CHILDREN([Bid Recieved]28), 1).

Atus

• J. Craig Williams
    J. Craig Williams ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Bill, 

To expand on Atus' answer, the checkbox column only allows a 0 or 1 value (which it displays as unchecked/checked)

You need to move your formula to a different (Text/Number) column.

Craig

This discussion has been closed.