Flag if date created > 48 hours and completed column is blank

yhengyheng ✭✭✭✭✭
edited 12/09/19 in Formulas and Functions
04/10/19 Edited 12/09/19

Hello,

I'm new to using SmartSheets and first time poster here. Hoping you can help me with an elegant solve? I'm trying to create a function where a row will be highlighted when it satisfies two criterias:

1. if the date created has been more than 48 hours

2. and completed is blank (not marked with a date)

Basically in terms of workflow automation, when a request is submitted and the other team has an SLA of 48 hours and hasn't completed the request yet, the row will be flagged/highlighted.

Thank you!!

Comments

• Andrée StaråAndrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭

Hi,

Try this.

=IF(AND([email protected] <= TODAY(-2); NOT([email protected] = "")); 1; 0)    

The same version but with the below changes for your and others convenience.  

=IF(AND([email protected] <= TODAY(-2), NOT([email protected] = "")), 1, 0)

Country Depending on your country you’ll need to exchange the comma to a period and the semi-colon to a comma.

Have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå

Workflow Consultant @ Get Done Consulting

SMARTSHEET PARTNER & CONSULTANT / EXPERT

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E: [email protected] | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me about help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or something else entirely.

• Mike WildayMike Wilday ✭✭✭✭✭

You'll want to create a Column using Symbols Flag type and put Andree's formula in that column. 

• Andrée StaråAndrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭

Mike,

Thanks!

And you'd then use the flag to trigger a conditional formatting rule to highlight the row. 

Best,

Andrée

SMARTSHEET PARTNER & CONSULTANT / EXPERT

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E: [email protected] | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me about help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or something else entirely.

• Paul NewcomePaul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭

If the sheet is not regularly active though, the TODAY() function won't update. I personally would go with a helper Date column and use 

=[Created Date]@row + 2

I would then set up my reminder to go out on the date listed in the helper column if the Completed Date field is blank.

thinkspi.com

• Mike WildayMike Wilday ✭✭✭✭✭

Genius idea in case users don't regularly open the sheet. 

• Paul NewcomePaul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks!

The way the post is written, it almost sounds as if new entries may be added via form.

If that is the case, a new form entry would update the TODAY() function without the sheet having to be opened.

The problem with that is if a new form isn't submitted everyday, then dates will fall behind until a new one is added again.

That's why I have gotten into the habit of using my above solution for "ticket submission" type setups.

thinkspi.com

• I need to flag a field after 24 actual hours, not 1 calendar date in the future. For example, if a form is submitted 05/01/20 8:04AM, I need to flag a field if it hasn't been modified by 05/02/20 8:04AM. if there any way to do this in smart sheet?

I have this formula with the following logic, but it if a form is submitted 11:59 PM it will show as flagged 12:01 AM.

=IF(AND(TODAY() > [Due Date]3, ([IT Done?]3 = 0)), 1, 0)

[Due Date] is =[Submission Date]3 + 1

[Submission Date] is a date is the system submission time + 1 day

Any help would be greatly appreciated